Saturday, August 26

All Packed Up

It's hard to believe all of our possessions are now sitting in a 26' Penske truck. Wow. We just said goodbye to Marion, IN today. The reality of moving still hasn't fully hit yet. It's almost like we're going on a big vacation (one in which we decided we couldn't part with all our belongings), and we'll go back in a few weeks.

But that's not true. We won't see our little brick house on Selby Street for a long time. And when we do it will be filled with foreign decorations and new people. If I had a concrete feeling in me today, I would share it. But right now I don't feel anything. Nothing. No emotion from leaving life behind and starting fresh. No emotion from leaving friends and family 7 hours away. The only thing I "feel" is the ache in my back from lifting boxes this morning. Woohoo.

Tomorrow we'll be with my family in Goshen and go to my brother's 21st birthday party. And Monday we'll leave from Warsaw at 8:00 AM. We should get to Baraboo by around 3:00. We'll unload and then eat dinner at the church. One of the lay leaders at the church, Irene Sainsbury, has arranged for a meal for us...a good sign that we'll love this church from the get-go :).

We'll see what life brings after that. For now, it's bedtime.

Josh