Wednesday, August 2

Moving to Wisconsin

Today is the first day of blogging, so this will probably be boring for most of you. Oh well. Jamie and I are looking forward to moving to Baraboo (when I first heard the name of the city I thought God would never be funny enough to have me live there...I was wrong). So much for living close to family, staying in our comfort zones and living in Marion. Part of me is sad to leave Brookhaven, IWU, and everything I've known for the past 4 years. And part of me knows that if I stayed I would regret it. God has something great in store for us, and because of that, I'm excited. Excited to be a pastor (though still not used to being known as one), excited to meet new people, excited to live near the Wisconsin Dells, excited to be used by God.

Jamie and I have been in contact with Dan and Reenie Bickel, the D.S. of the Wisconsin District of the Wesleyan Church. They have been amazing and we are blessed to know them and work with them. They are now in the process of fixing up the church parsonage so we can live in it! The church is made up of 30-40 people, almost all of whom are past retirement age. They are wonderful people who seem up for the changes ahead. Hopefully that won't change with the changes.

Once we get a digital camera there will be pics and this will look a bit better. For now enjoy the text.

Blessings,

No comments: