Saturday, December 2

So, I Guess We are Weird

So, apparently we've been tagged by Amy to list 6 weird things about each of us . . . but there's two of us here, and we might just have to confess 12. I might have to confess our oddities for both of us. (We'll see what Josh has to mutter when he reads this!)

1. I sing in my sleep . . . the alto harmony of the Indiana Wesleyan University Chorale songs. At least that's what my college roommate reported to me, especially after returning from strenuous Praise Gathering weekends in Indianapolis. When I'm not belting out the alto lines of "Now Shout" & "Betelehumu" I like to create my own Russian Peasant Woman melodies with various sleepy oohs and aahhs.

2. My knees have always been and will always be "dirty" from childhood scars. One dark spot on each knee causes onlookers to question if I've been playing in the dirt recently.

3. Nine times out of 10, if I see you in Wal-Mart and you haven't seen me yet, I'll hide. Not because I don't like you, but because I'm just plain scared to say Hi and start a conversation.

4. I hate talking on the phone, unless it is work-related or I'm talking with my immediate family.

5. I love to cook and bake, and in general, be completely creative with construction paper or any other childhood art supply . . . but don't count on me cleaning up my mess for at least 6 days. (I am trying to grow up and fix this messy fetish.)

6. I, too, am a packrat and save everything from old school work and class notes, to empty pasta boxes with lasagna recipes, to birthday cards from way back when I was 2.

Odd Things About Josh:
1. He sees a pediddle car on the road, knows what the heck a pediddle car is, but refuses to pound his hand on the roof of the car and yell out, "Pediddle!"

2. He likes to start long projects, but very rarely finishes them.

3. (Exception to #2) He's organized the 1300 fonts on our computer, and created a binder full of 1300 "samples" for us to search through when choosing good ones to use.

4. He dislikes when the clocks in our house are on different times; they must all be on the same time (digital satellite time).

5. He loses his sanctification when driving on the 90/94 tollway through Chicago . . . or when driving the Marion, Indiana bypass. (We've since figured out new and holier ways to travel home, avoiding Chicago traffic at all costs.)

6. He gets frustrated with most Christian television (at least the ones on our cable network).

So, now, Stephen and Michelle, it's your turn.

3 comments:

Amy said...

1300 fonts! I'm jealous...and that binder...yes, a little weird, but how convenient! Steve just shakes his head when I talk about fonts. it's another language to him.

I don't think #2 is weird...I think it's a guy thing :) then again, I guess I do it too...so maybe it's a human thing!

Stephen and Michelle said...

You guys are too funny :) I have to verify that you sing in your sleep, since I was your roomate and know :) :)

I also had to laugh at #3 because I am the SAME WAY and thought I was the only one that did that...and was too embarrassed to admit it. I am getting better with those we see on a regular basis - but if I haven't seen you in a while...probably going to hide - unless of course it is you...because I would be so shocked to see you in the same Wal-Mart as me :)

I also hate talking on the phone...and I am not sure "hate" is a strong enough word...because I don't like it so much that I even dread the phone RINGING!! This is all kind of funny because I was a RECEPTIONIST for a couple years, and working for Dr. Bence now, I am still am on the phone a lot. I guess the difference is that I have a purpose - a quick, to the point, purpose. No awkward silence or weird wondering of how to get off the phone.

I may have to steal these two things from you...because they are huge ones for me that people probably find odd :)

I will try to post something in the next day or two :)
Michelle

Anonymous said...

It's true!! I was Jamie's roomate and she actually does sing in her sleep! It's actually kinda creepy to hear her sing that shout song sound asleep