Monday, September 18

I've found a FRIEND!!!!!!!!

Praise God! He completely ordained this evening...I took a chance and went to a Home Interiors special guest preview night with this consultant I found over the Internet (this is NOT something I would have done in Marion!)...the party was an hour away in Richland Center, so we had a lot of talk time on the way there and back...and I felt sooo comfortable...really at ease talking about Josh and me, how God brought us to Baraboo, all about our new church and where it is now...and how it will hopefully change in the future...we were able to ask each other a ton of questions and really get to know each other beyond the surfacy topics, and found out that our interests are pretty similar. Anyway, she invited me to go walking tomorrow with a group of 5 ladies and then go out to lunch with them. And I am definitely going. It was so nice to be out of the house tonight and to really share with another girl close to my age...it also sounds like she will be coming to church this Sunday...God is at work and it amazes me! Thanks so much for praying for Josh and me and our mission here...we are getting adjusted slowly...and it is good that we are here.

7 comments:

Amy said...

yay, you guys (wait, I'm a southerner now: y'all) have commenting available now!

and yay for friends! you're doing good if you've made a friend in the first couple of weeks--way to go stepping out and meeting someone new. was this an MK consultant that you met?

also, belated happy birthday--I was definitely thinking of you over the weekend even if I didn't get an email or anything sent out :)

Stephen and Michelle said...

That's AWESOME!! I am so happy for you...
Michelle

kristenlea47 said...

Just found your blog, and I'm happy to hear your news!

Anonymous said...

Jamie -
I'm so glad that you found a friend! How did the walking/lunch date go with the other ladies? Do they all attend churches of their own? That's awesome that she may try out your church! God is good!

Renee

Hummel Family said...

Jamie: I am so glad you are getting adjusted to a new life! I know from experience how tough it can be living away from close family and friends! But how exciting of a time this is! Praise God that you found a friend!! We need them, that's for sure.

Please know that I am praying for you and your ministry! May God richly bless you and your Church!!!

love ya
JoEllen

Anonymous said...

James!! You never told me you had a blog!! Shame on you!! I am sooo excited and happy you found a friend to go walking with! You are going to have to tell me how is goes!! I love you!

Anonymous said...

Jamie,
I am so glad to see you found a friend and that she is in Home Interiors!!! Yea!!! I pray that God will utilize you both and she will open up avenues to reach those in your area. Have a great week!!