Saturday, April 21

Loving the Weather

Today I took advantage of the beautiful weather and cleaned up our lawn from the tree branches and sticks that had claimed it over the winter. This is really the first time I've ever done any spring yard work and I enjoyed myself...afterwards I felt ambitious and put the first coat of paint on the exterior of our house's bottom half (we have a walkout basement). Before moving in last fall, the district totally redid the inside of our house and painted the top half of the outside, but time was too short and they couldn't finish that project. I thoroughly enjoyed the paint job and it is amazing to see the difference one paint color can make on a previously two-toned house.

Our next house projects include cleaning our basement, adding new flooring & paint at some point, and making it into a useable family room. Right now we can't really use the space except for storage, so it will be great to be able to nearly double our living space, especially with summer coming and the Brookhaven mission team heading our way.

The homesickness hit last night as we both realized that there will be no family campfires to enjoy at my parents' house this summer. We were both in the mood for an evening of relaxation and roasted hot dogs, and so are hoping to fix that longing and buy a firepit with our tax rebate. Hopefully that day will come long before these beautiful evenings end.

Josh and I are discovering that our backyard, which connects to the church's side yard, is the community playing field. Right now there are six elementary aged boys playing a game of football...Josh and I will have to go out and meet them one of these days. Saturdays are so different now that Josh is a pastor . . . his Saturday & night is the final push of sermon prep and bulletin printing. Mondays are his day off and they have now become our "Saturdays." Service last Sunday was wonderful, and we are both praying and hoping that tomorrow will be just as good or better.

3 comments:

nathan richardson said...

it has been a while since i have thought of the campfires at your house. those were a lot of fun. every now and then i wish i were back in college. so much simpler life was.

Amy said...

happy anniversary, you two! just wanted to let you know I was thinking of you today. I pray that God will strengthen your marriage and draw you closer to Him and to each other. may He make the two of you a beautiful picture of His grace and unfailing love!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jamie! I'm glad that you found my blog. I really need to update it soon- I am going to try tonight :)

I've been on a trip back East to see my family before our little girl is born. It sounds like things are going well with you guys!