Monday, February 26

SNOW

If only we had a camera. That's what we've been saying since we came back home Saturday.

Last Thursday Jamie and I made a quick trip to Indiana. Jamie's dad had hip and knee replacement surgery on the 12th and is recovering at home now. It was hard enough staying in Wisconsin for the surgery, and he hadn't been feeling well, so we went down. The physical therapist says he is coming along well, and will only need 2 weeks of therapy instead of the 5 weeks he had planned.

We had a great though short time there, and wished we could've stayed for the World Impact Commissioning Service at IWU Saturday night. We're now glad we didn't. If we had, there's no way we could've made it home.

We now have over a foot of snow. It's still falling as I'm writing. Our church parking lot finally was plowed this morning because it's been a constant downpour since Saturday night. If only we had a camera. Needless to say, church was canceled on Sunday. I didn't want any of our people having to wake up to shovel their drives and then drive on semi-plowed roads.

Woohoo for snow!

If I didn't have to work this week, I'd be out in the snow making a fort or something.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Jamie! What are you doing in Wisconsin?! I was at Allen School today and ran into Julie, and she told me about your blog. Shoot me an email. robert dot lucas at gmail dot com

Laura said...

Wow- sounds like you had some major snow. Hope you 2 are doing well!

Stephen and Michelle said...

Hey guys,
I saw Jamie's dad today for a committee meeting for the district and he was doing great! He was walking good. Still praying that everything goes great your way... God bless you
Stephen
<><